Sunday 4 August 2013

Retro headliner!

Hello fellow bloggers!

Hope you're having a fantastic weekend.

Anyone who has a peek at my blog will know I love a Retro Sketch, so you can imagine how excited I was when I received a little email from Arielle, asking if I would be August's Retro Sketches Headliner.  Hmmmm,  do you think she needed to even ask?! The answer was obviously a very excited yes and this week the sketch is based on a beautiful card by Laurie:







There was a bit of a mix up with dates so I'm all set for the next sketch but this week's card was a little rushed - there's nothing like working under a little pressure is there?! The dotty border is a Mama Elephant stamp which I stamped on the base - I then used the same stamp on a panel and stamped over it with the WMS dress form. This allowed me to mat the entire image in black so that it would pop out more against the dots.  Looks so simple doesn't it? But it took me about 3 attempts to match the dotty border with the dots on the panel and get the dress form in the right position!

Anyway, huge thanks to Arielle for asking me to headline for August...hope you get the chance to join in with the fun!

Claire x



2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS card Claire, love the double polka dotted stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this simply perfect beauty!
    And congrats on being the headliner...
    I know you'll be amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!