Saturday 31 August 2013

WMS Pajama Party!

Hello fellow partygoers!

It's the first day of Spring for us and it's an absolute beauty here in Sydney...clear blue skies and endless sunshine. Am I making you jealous?

Now I didn't think I was going to be up to any of the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party challenges due to a bad case of the sniffles but I have managed to get one done.  I've had a bit of help from  Colour Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches - can you tell I wasn't up to thinking any original thoughts last night? I also chose to do the 'golden oldies' challenge, which meant that I didn't have to think about which stamps to use either.





From memory, the first WMS stamps I bought were Musical Backgrounds, Very Vintage Labels no 4 and Fancy Phrases.  I used the teeny tiny musical note background for stamping my panel and to decorate my butterfly die cut, then popped it on to the stamped label. The 'hello' sentiment is probably my most used stamp out of my entire stamp stash...it's the perfect size and seems to fit on any card I make!

Since there's an 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Simon Says Stamp, I'm going to pop it over there too!

Well, that's all for me folks - my head is about to explode...happy partying! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment,

Claire x

13 comments:

  1. A pretty card Claire with the lovely musical background - love the layered butterfly on the tag - great colors on this! It's fun to see all the older stamps people are bringing out for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Claire!! I love the colours and the gorgeous design. The butterfly and banners & the beautiful musical note background go so well together. It's been raining so hard in WA, and I wish it would go away this weekend. Enjoy the lovely weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely! and happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and I can see that spring inspired you! Tender colors with a great sketch. enjoy your spring day - I am saying hello from the other side of the earth with quite some autumn like weather...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, Claire. Love the fun design with this lovely butterfly with the music image. Those banners are such a great addition and a perfect place for your sentiment. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful - and springy! I love that butterfly with the musical notes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card Claire! The musical background is awesome and I love how you stamped it on the butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card, a fabulous design and lovely combination of papers. I love the tag with the gorgeous butterfly!!

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it!!
    It's gorgeous...
    and love how you combined all those "1st" sets...
    that butterfly is perfection! :)
    And you silly girl...
    I got all my stuff done before the plague hit and I thought I was dying...
    and just barely made it...
    on both counts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Och this is lovely Claire, sorry to hear you have had the sniffles! Such a fresh pretty card and I love that you used the musical backgrounds!! Hugs to you for playing along and best of luck in the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Claire! Love the music pattern stamped on the die cut butterfly. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty...love the sweet little butterfly and what a great idea to stamp the sentiment on the banner!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!