Friday 14 September 2018

MFT Card Design Superstar

Hello folks,

MFT are holding their 2018 Card Design Superstar challenge - I've made this card for the Clean and Simple challenge:





So what's your creative process when making a card? One thing I never do before I start is look at cards online made with the same set. That way I find I'm more likely to think outside the box and try and do something a little more unusual.  I normally colour these Funky Flowers with Copics but this time I thought I'd just emboss them using copper embossing powder and colour in some random blooms with Perfect Pearls. Clean and simple doesn't necessarily mean white cardstock does it, so I used black to make it look a bit more dramatic. The sentiment's from Essential Sentiments.

It's only after I make the card that I have a sneaky peeky online and see how other people have used the set - and I found this one by Kimberley. Looks like I've cased it doesn't it? So much for being original eh?

Simon Says Stamp are having a 'pop it up' challenge over on their Wednesday challenge blog - since I've used dimensional tape to pop up some of those blooms I'm linking up over there too!

Have a wonderful day!

Claire x

3 comments:

  1. Elegant, dramatic, gorgeous, Claire ... the shimmer is wonderful with the copper embossing! I also avoid looking at anyone's designs for the same reasons as you ... and still find cards like my own later! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is so elegant -- I love the the way the gold pops on the black. Just beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, Pop it Up Challenge!

    ♥ Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOrgeous colour contrast with the copper and black.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!