Monday 19 June 2017

My Favorite Things Camp Create Day 5 and Bonus Challenge: Glitzy Glitter and Dry Embossing

Hello folks,

I've been in a card making frenzy over the last few days and managed to play along in all 5 challenges for My Favorite Things Camp Create. I've even sneaked in a card for the bonus challenge which is dry embossing. 

First up is Stephanie's challenge to use glitter on our cards. Her video explaining how is here:






I used MFT's Die-namics Sunflower die for my card. I have a feeling this may no longer be available at the MFT store but it's always been one of my favourites.  I've got heaps of use out of my Bundles of Blossoms background stamp - I love using it with white embossing powder on a white background as I've done here.  The sentiment is from Polynesian Paradise.






As a bonus technique, Stephanie also included a video on dry embossing.  I used the previous glitter
technique on Die-namics Upsy-Daisy and embossed a stitched frame from Die-namics Blueprints 24   
on to the gold circle. I've also embossed a stitched frame from the same set around the edge of the card. The black flag has Bundles of Blossoms embossed in black embossing powder too.

Well that's it for MFT cards this week - I've really enjoyed joining in with all the challenges. Hope you had the time to get creative!

Claire x

2 comments:

  1. Claire - thank you for your comment about my glittery sunflower. Yours looks better! Glitter is not my favorite thing. It seems to get on everything including the dog. I have discovered some wonderful glitter paper that does not shed at all. Smooth and sparkly. I too did all 6 cards and it seemed to take all week to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, those sparkly blooms are incredible!! These are so pretty Claire!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!