Monday 29 June 2020

50 Years Young

Hi folks,

So the big bloke turns the big 50 later this year and since he's been away for the last few days I thought I'd get his card done so he doesn't actually see it. The poor love keeps insisting he's turned 47 for the last 3 years but I think this little card makes it very clear that he isn't turning 47 again!







This week's Freshly Made Sketch was a great starting point, although I did miss out the element on the circle.  The background panel has been stamped with MFT's Wood Plank and and the striped panel is by WMS. I stamped the circles with a set by Winnie and Walter. 

I've also used the colours and lots of elements from The Card Concept's inspiration pic - the plates with the red and blue borders gave me the idea to use the W & W set, the silver forks influenced the pewter embossed numbers and the red and navy striped panel came from the napkins on the table.  So much to draw from in that pic!  I think I would class this one as clean and graphic!

Happy stamping!

Claire 


5 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card! I love how you were able to personalize the milestone too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect masculine card for a milestone birthday, Claire! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and stylish, Claire ... love the touches of silver and shimmer! Apparently 50 is the new 30 ... wonder if the BB knows?! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, Claire! Love the touches of sparkle! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect Claire!! I am sure that he will love it as much as we do! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept- we hope you can join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!