Monday 17 August 2020

Freshly Made Sketch Meets Time Out

Hello folks,

I just had time to make quite a clean and simple card using this week's Freshly Made Sketch and taking some inspiration from Time Out's photo challenge:

 






I struggled initially with the diagonal line on the card sketch but then remembered my favourite Cheery Lynn die cut. I added a couple of blooms from Ink to Paper with a sentiment from Clearly Besotted. The background lines have been white embossed with Mama Elephant's Basic Borders.

No guessing required as to where I drew my inspiration from - the colours from the surfboard and the stripes from the flip flops (or thongs as we say in Australia.)  The starfish immediately made me think of  Grout Gray card stock.

Hope you have the chance to ink up some of those stamps this week!

Thanks for popping by,

Claire

9 comments:

  1. I love how Time Out inspired you in so many way! And to use so many elements in one card. I also went for the pattern on the flip flops! And I love the use of the die for that sketch-that is such an inspired idea. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and summery, Claire ... how inspired were you using that lovely flourish as the diagonal strip in the sketch ... brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever use of the sketch! I love these bright, pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Claire! I just love that embossed background and flowers and the sweet die cut are perfect for the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this is just a treat! I love your take on the sketch. So pretty. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful clean card. Beautiful flowers. Greetings Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love the way you combined our photo inspiration with the sketch you used to create this card -the look is so fresh and airy! Love this design with the stripes and with the pop of grey. Stunning! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet...love your beautiful flowers. Thank you so much for taking the time to play along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this Claire, especially the embossed background stripes, they add so much shine. Really like how you used the colours from the surfboard in the flowers and such a cool idea to use the soft grey as well. In NZ we call flip-flops 'Jandals', who knows where that word came from. Always so happy to see your cards at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!