Tuesday 23 October 2012

Happy Birthday Play Date Cafe

Hello Bloggers!

I'm just finding time to fit in a post whilst making a birthday cake for my little 4 year old. What was meant to be a little morning tea in the local park, has now turned into a a much larger affair - which means I have to actually make some effort!

Play Date Cafe  is celebrating its 3rd birthday which means lots of lovely prizes up for grabs and a facelift for the blog.  The colours this week are:




Perhaps it's just me but I truly found this the most difficult colour challenge yet. They're certainly not colours that I would think of putting together and I had absolutely nothing resembling them amongst my patterned papers.  In the end I got out my Autumn Leaves flourishes and inks and had a play. It resulted in half a sheet of heavily patterned paper so I cut some panels and came up with this:


The ribbon is blue and the button is a kind of grape colour but it doesn't show in the photo - they kind of look black don't they?

Well, back to the cake baking.....thanks for stopping by,

Claire x


5 comments:

  1. so festive and i love the rectangular card. Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love how you used the colors! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your CAS design! Really lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe during our 3rd Anniversary Celebrations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job of turning a difficult color challenge into a bright and awesome card, Claire! What a great background for the triple frames. Have fun at the party and HB to the little one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!