Thursday 18 October 2012

Time for a Waltzingmouse Blog Party

Hello fellow Waltzers!


It's Blog Party time over at Waltzingmouse today and this month it's a colour challenge:




I think they are very masculine colours so I thought I'd use the challenge to get organised for my youngest son's birthday next week - he'll be turning the grand old age of 4! First I did some invitations:




I kept them very simple as I had to make a few of them. I used the Frame It set with some strips of Kaisercraft paper and added a bit of Kindyglitz to the icing to make it sparkle. The cards and envelopes were $2.00 from K-mart. Bargain!

Then I decided to make some toppers for the mini cupcakes I'm going to make:


This time I used the teeny tiny cupcake from the set, matted it against a Nestie scalloped circle of patterned paper and stuck it on to a cocktail stick. (The paper looked dark purple in the shop but it looks a bit more like navy here!)

Lastly I made some goody bags:



Again, I kept it simple as I had to make quite a few. This time I used Seasons of Love and put the larger cupcake in the centre instead of a sentiment. I also used Very Vintage Labels to make the name label. The clear bags are actually card bags and I just used the Nestie Labels 1 die to make the Kraft seal.

Phew. I have to say it's a nice feeling to be organised. It's also good to feel that I've made an effort for once...I have to admit I'm a little bit lazy when it come to kids parties.....

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has come up with. Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much for any comments...they always make me smile!

Cheers,

Claire x

24 comments:

  1. Your invitations, toppers and treat bags are perfect fro a 4 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool~you really went the extra mile! Pat yourself on the back for a job well done, Claire~I'm sure your party will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect creations! Very inspiring, thank you


    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful invites and party favor tags! Love the glittery frosting and b&w checkerboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just so much fun, what an incredible party favor, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great invitations for your little guy! And those goodie bags are just super - love the tags, but I'm sure the kids will enjoy the contents more :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful party set. I know the kids will love those goodie bags. My favorite is the cupcake toppers. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a great party ensemble... everything looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the projects you made look so professional! Like you bought them from a store. Just beautiful and love each idea. TFS looks like it going to be a fun party. The invites are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire, all your projects are super. You kept saying simple but I think they all still took a fair bit of time and effort. I think it's Martha Stewart magazine worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must have worked for days on this one Claire...love the cupcake invite, those favors are absolutely adorable...this will be a great 4th birthday party for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...I'd love to come to one of your parties...what great treats! You did a fabulous job with the use of the challenge colors! Hope you have a great time with your son's party...I know he will!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are amazing! If the invitations look this good they know the party is going to be awesome!! I love the little cupcake toppers and the treat bags are out of this world! This should be in a magazine - everything beautifully coordinated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to be a cracking party, everything looks so good, I love your fresh crisp style Claire! And the wee touch of glitter is just right! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the party bits...especially the goody bags!! Hope you all have fun at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome party set, Claire! So adorable with the little glittery cupcakes. The personalized bags are so charming, I bet everyone LOVED your creative treats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Claire this is incredible!!
    I agree with Kelly...
    an awesome party set!
    All the goodies...
    the invites...
    cupcake toppers...
    goodies bags...
    absolutely fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a great party set, Claire! Fab work! Have a great weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab party set, Claire! Cupcakes and glitter... so my kind of party!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fun projects! I love those tiny cupcake toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for popping by my blog! I returned the favour and am glad I did! Love your invitaions and all accessories also! My (9yo) daughter wants to make invitations for my birthday next year so I might just show her your stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Look at all you created with that little cupcake! Simply yummy, Claire! Please stop by my blog for an award!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is spectacular, Claire. You have covered everything brilliantly! Congrats on the award from Michelle, which brought me here and I'm glad it did!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow - awesome work!!! Love the goodie bags... the clear cello looks really cool hey!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!