Thursday 16 April 2020

Inky Education at Bluprint

Hello fellow inkers!

With all this extra time on my hands I've been watching lots of tutorials over at Bluprint Crafts. Over the last few days there's been free access to all their classes so I've been trying different techniques - some successful and some a 5 year old would be proud of!






One of my favourite classes is with Mayuri from Candles in the Garden - she showed a technique on kraft card stock in which she stamped the back of the stamp with white pigment ink, then offset stamped over the top with a coloured ink. She then put the stamp the right way round and stamped the outline image on top in black.

I like playing with different techniques but always try to do my own take on it,  so I used grey card stock instead of kraft and stamped it with white and pink inks. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy with the result - it was far too dark and almost ended up in the bin. However,  I thought if I could add lots of white space and a bright bloom over the top, I could perhaps salvage it so I cut the piece into squares and used them as a base for this Altenew Hennah Elements bloom. The flourish is from Cheery Lynn and I've used the colours from their inspiration pic again.

I've made a couple of these cards using this technique so I'll post the second one later, along with some other cards with some much needed colour. It''s all looking a bit grey on this blog at the moment!

Happy stamping!

Claire

1 comment:

  1. You were right, Claire ... all the white framing really does lift the fabulous background ... and the bright flower just pops against it all! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!