Friday 17 April 2020

More Inky Education

Hello again,

I've been playing around with some more techniques from the classes over at Bluprint. Mayuri's class on Radiant Stamping Techniques gave me an idea for this week's Less is More challenge - Out of Focus:




In this class she showed how to create a geometric design by rotating the same stamp in different colours. I used one of Waltzingmouse's Funky Feathers - however, to achieve the blurry look, I took one of Catherine Pooler's ideas and sprayed the stamp with water before stamping.  The hello sentiment was a freebie from Poppy Stamps covered in a thick coat of Glossy Accents.








For the second one I smooshed a distress ink background and added a simple fish stamp and sentiment from Altenew's Ori Kami set. I'm popping this over to Addicted to CAS'  'Animal' themed challenge and CASology's Zodiac challenge - I'm a Pisces so it seemed logical to use the fish symbol for this one.










Lastly, I had some of the stamped squares left over from yesterday's technique in the previous post. They fitted perfectly for CAS(E) This Sketch  #368- I just added another Altenew Hennah Elements bloom and Cheery Lynn flourish and made a more CAS version of yesterdays card.  Since I used Altenew's colours (again) I'm linking up over there too!

Hope you have the time to get inky this week!

Claire

6 comments:

  1. WOW!! You have been super busy!! I love that first card with that fun technique. I think I am going to have to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fantastic, Claire. I just love the look you achieved with your spritzing and stamping on the first card. Gorgeous result and perfect for our challenge at Less Is More. Thanks so much for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lusciousness for the eyes in this post - cracking makes

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely trio, Claire ... another delicious single bloom against the dark background, a cool smooshy ocean for your graphic fish, and a brilliant graphic rainbow design with the shiny black sentiment ... my favourite! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ! What a beautiful array of cards, Claire. They are all gorgeous with beautiful techniques. I especially love the rainbow turnabout feather card for our Out of Focus challenge. I've to try this. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that fish image! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!