Sunday 18 April 2021

Feeling Flowery

Happy weekend folks!

I seem to be in a particularly flowery mood at the moment. Here's a couple of cards featuring some of my favourite blooms. The first is for MFT's latest sketch challenge using Lavish Lilies, coloured with Copics and with a simple die cut flag strip stamped with Wood Plank background stamp. The sentiment's from Simple Sentiments. 

 

 






 
 I'm throwing this one into the ring for a few challenges - Addicted to Stamps and More birthday challenge, The Paper Players clean and simple birthday and Addicted to CAS flower challenge





My second card is for the latest Altenew Inspiration challenge. I have to say I found these colours really difficult - blues and purples are definitely not my 'go to' colours!  I ended up creating a background with Beautiful Day by blending a distress ink background, overstamped in purple and green leaves and berries. I kept the blooms very simple by white embossing them on vellum.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend and get some inky time!

Claire

10 comments:

  1. 2 beautiful cards Claire
    Confess card envy with the first especially! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilies are one of my favourite flowers Claire and yours are coloured to perfection! A beautiful CAS birthday card. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, this is gorgeous! I love the layout of your CAS card and those flowers are just beautiful! Your coloring is amazing, too! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Your coloring is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. I really like the design of the first with that "wooden" banner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is just stunning! Awesome CAS card with a huge pop! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colouring on that fabulous lily, Claire ... so deliciously CAS! Your second card is delicate and lovely ... the vellum flowers framing the centre make it all dreamy! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first card is Stunning! Congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Congratulations on being the Headliner at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!!! Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!