Thursday 8 April 2021

Time Out Photo Inspiration Challenge - Guest Designer

Hello stampers,

I'm chuffed to bits to be guest designing over at Time Out this week - they have a fabulous Summery photo inspiration challenge to get you stamping:








This wasn't the card I envisaged when I first saw the pic. On closer inspection, I realised that there are actually  lots of different,  bright colours in the photo, even though the emphasis is on the softer blues and teal. So, I did lots of random stamping of the balloons in various hues, using Whimsy Stamp's Happy Everything. I then stamped the sentiment in bold black with a big, bold birthday sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays. 

How will the pic inspire you? Can't wait to check out what's in the gallery - as ever the DT has produced some amazing cards!

Happy stamping!

Claire
 

3 comments:

  1. So pleased to have you as GD, you know I always love to see as our GD! When you sent me the card I wasn't sure what had inspired you and was waiting for your post-I love photo challenges as we are all inspired by so many different things. And I adore that you picked out the brighter colours, it gives the player a different angle to focus on. Love the over stamping and super placement of the sentiment-thanks for being out GD x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the way you interpreted the photo for your card, Claire. I tend to go literal in my interpretations of inspiration photos to some degree, and I am always amazed at what catches the eye of other crafters. I love this card. It is always a joy to see your work. Thanks so much for joining us at Guest Designer at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those vibrant balloons bobbing about under the bold sentiment are just so fun and celebratory, Claire ... what a fantastic take on the inspiration ... I only saw the soft greens and blues! Congratulations on a great GD spot! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!