Saturday 10 April 2021

Just Us Girls #579 - Use More than 1 Stencil

Hello folks, happy weekend to you!

Time for another great challenge over at Just Us Girls where I'm delighted to be guest designing this month. It's Trend Week and the 'trend' is to use more than one stencil:

 







I love the look of stencils but I'm never quite sure what to do with them,  so for me to use not one,  but two on the same card was definitely a challenge. Although I have quite a few lurking in my stash, none of them could really be layered together,  so I ended up making my own using some Paper Smooches circle dies in two different sizes.  I stencilled them in rows using distress inks, then die cut a circle and added a PTI sentiment. It all looked a bit plain so I added black and white panels to make it pop. 

So how will you use more than one stencil? Link up to the JUGS blog for your chance to be guest designer or Chic of the Week!

Happy stamping!

Claire

11 comments:

  1. Confession - I am fast becoming a stencil addict! Although I buy them and then am at a loss to know what to do with them!
    A great job here Claire, the circle frame colours opposite to the background panels was an inspired idea - brilliant card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to make it work for you! I love using "what I have" and in your case, it turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is this card - and even more so in discovering that you created your own stencils with dies! Simply fabulous! Thank you for another guest designing delight!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I love stencils but have always tended to use them in my art journals and not on my cards as much. But this was a good challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job being resourceful Claire and making your own stencils. The background came out awesome and that bold greeting is the bomb too! This is such a great card! Have a great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stenciled dots look wonderful in your mix of colors and sizes behind your layered sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the stencil challenge! So nice to have you with us this month at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whatever works and I'd say your own designer stencils worked fine, Claire. I love the split panel along with the split border around the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever thinking Claire using dies to make your own stencils and those dots so colourful too. Love your layout and big bold sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool and graphic, Claire ... with a fabulous pop of colour in those dots ... they're delicious against the b&w background! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative! This is a very cool graphic card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!