Thursday 27 May 2021

Addicted To CAS #198

Hello inkers,

I've made a very CAS card for Addicted to CAS' 'ombre' challenge:

 





I recently spoilt myself and bought a huge set of Brutfuner pencils with every colour under the sun - I've never really used pencils before and I have to admit I'm finding them far more difficult to get to grips with than markers. I feel like it takes ages to get an even spread of colour on the paper and colouring shadows definitely take a lot of patience! 

Anyway, this pretty Stamplorations butterfly has been die cut from a panel coloured using said pencils. I used about 6 or 7 different ones to try and get the ombre effect. I also added a white embossed swirl from Paper Smooches - the sentiment's from Poppy Stamps. 

This one's also going over to Simon Says Stamps' Wednesday challenge where 'anything goes.'

Happy stamping!

Claire

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful ombre effect on your butterfly, Claire! Great job with your new pencils :) I love how you added the embossed swirl to your design, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect, Claire ... gorgeous ombré (looks as though you're having fun with all those new pencils!) ... delicate, dainty, deliciously CAS! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ombre butterfly is beautiful and I love the embossed white on white flourish. Such a gorgeous CAS card. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!