Sunday 9 May 2021

MFT #540

Hello and happy Mothers day to those who are celebrating! 

It took my two boys about 40 minutes to remember it was Mothers Day, at which point their dad stepped in with a not so gentle reminder. Needless to say they did redeem themselves by cooking me breakfast and giving me chocolate - what more can a Mum ask for?

On to the next card which is for MFT's latest sketch challenge:

 





If anything could have gone wrong on this one, it did. This one's my second attempt. I used washi  tape to mask a striped background but as I pulled it off,  part of the card came off with it - so annoying when that happens! That led to some random stamping using Lavish Lilies to cover up the tear. In turn, that led to a splattering of black ink splotches and finally, the impossibility of finding an MFT sentiment that fitted, despite probably owning about a hundred MFT sentiments! In the end I opted for a die cut circle with a sentiment from Poppy Stamps, which hides the one I'd used underneath. A scattering of sequins covered up the worst of the tear and splattered ink - sequins are a wonderful thing!

Happy stamping!

Claire




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!