Monday 17 May 2021

Deja Vu - Altenew Take Two

Hello again,

I made a slightly different version of the same card for the latest Altenew challenge and Freshly Made Sketch. Scroll up if you want to see the original one. This time I used the entire watercoloured background as a backdrop, courtesy of Kristina Werner's gorgeous holiday card tutorial:







I was really hoping to get an ombre look like hers but I just don't have the variety of watercolour paints to get the gradual colour.  I used two from Altenew's Watercolour Essential Set (Lagoon and Emerald) and, once dry, ran the entire panel through the Angled Mosaic 3D Embossing Folder. I've again used Peony Bouquet and matching dies and the sentiment's from Hennah Elements.

If you've been kind enough to visit and comment on my blog recently - thank you! I'm finding it a little difficult to come over and visit -  I work at a beautiful, waterfront property just North of Sydney and drive a boat as part of my commute. A couple of weeks ago I went to tie up the boat and knocked my beautiful rose gold Mac work laptop straight into the river! It's currently sat in the River Hawkesbury, no doubt gathering barnacles as I write. For some reason my PC isn't allowing me to comment which is very frustrating (but not quite as frustrating as putting my laptop into the river.....)

Anyway, happy stamping!

Claire



3 comments:

  1. I love the gorgeous colors on this fabulous card! So sorry to hear about your laptop! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely! I love all the texture. And oh, your computer....what a mess. So very sorry. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the gradation in background colour, Claire ... looks brilliant with the texture ... and that bloom and foliage are delicious against it! Sounds as though you have a lovely commute ... but eeeeek about your laptop ... hope you can replace it before too long. Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!