Tuesday 14 July 2015

Colour Q #299

Hello bloggers!

Did you manage to play along with Colour Q last week? A week just never seems to be enough time for all these challenges does it?

Not to worry if you didn't manage to use last weeks colours - the latest hues are a gorgeous combo of rich and vibrant with soft and pretty and are sure to whet your inky tastebuds:






I received a lovely piece of happy mail from France last week, sent by the super talented Anita from My Papercraft World. I've always loved the card stock she uses and I mentioned a long time ago that I liked a certain die she had used for one of her cards. So she very kindly sent me some blank cards using said card stock, together with some die cut panels using said die.

I  made a very simple card by colouring a couple of die cut feathers using a combination of distress inks, an SU marker and dye ink. The colours haven't blended brilliantly but it's kind of worked. (The feather was a surprisingly good freebie with one of the Aussie paper craft mags a couple of months ago.) I'm sure all those little die cut squares are meant to be popped out of the card stock but I quite like the look of them like this...it adds some detail without overpowering the card.

Anyway, this little card will be winging its way to France at some point in the near future. Thank you Anita for your lovely goodies and for enabling me further in my obsession - that card stock is currently on order in the UK!

Enjoy your week!

Claire x

5 comments:

  1. I can't help to say : wow!
    This is so beautiful Claire... and Anita is a real sweet♥ !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to receive goodies from your stamping friend. And BTW I love that card stock layer with all those little squares intact. What a great bit of texture, that. And the feathers are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blissful, Claire ... this is so gorgeous ... those delicious colours cascading down the feathers, the fab dimension ... and all those tiny squares left in situ ... perfect just as they are! Thanks so much for the lovely shout out ... anticipating with delight being able to touch and admire this beauty IRL! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!