Sunday 19 July 2015

Nature's Call - Again

Hello again,

Here's my second Time Out card for their latest challenge - this one features flowers rather than critters and is based on this week's Freshly Made Sketch:





Now this was a difficult sketch! Circles always throw me and it was a struggle for me to find something that worked - in the end I opted to make a square card as it seemed to be a better balance. I used a combination of Camelias from WMS and the leaves are from a Penny Black set called Blooming Garden. I've used a combination of Copics and Spectrum Noir markers which I love , but I do find they don't blend particularly well together. The Spectrum Noir's always seem to look a little patchy- which is probably why they are about a third of the price.  Does anyone else find this?

That's all for tonight...time to put the big kidlet to bed!

Thanks for popping by,

Claire x

9 comments:

  1. Another fabulously fresh creation Claire! Love your designs! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I LOVE this sketch too... but went with the circles ... all the way!
    Love your take!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful,Claire!! Looks so elegant!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Claire! I love the textured background and the flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texture here is perfect Claire and it really helps the flower pops, great colouring too. Fab to see you at TO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty, Claire ... fabulous texture and lovely layers ... and gorgeous colouring! So happy you played along with us a second time at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well , you did a great job and you would never know you were thrown off by the circles. gorgeous card Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just lovely Claire! I LOVE the softness you've given your flowers - they look wonderful against your white on white background. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Your did a great job with the sketch! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!