Saturday 25 July 2015

Papertrey Ink - July Blog Hop

Hello!

The cards are getting few and far between at the moment - we have family arriving from the US next week so most of my time seems to be spent cleaning rather than inking. So not happy about that - but all worth it when I get to meet my youngest little nephew for the first time!

I did manage to squeeze a card in for Papertrey Ink's July blog hop, based on this pretty inspiration photo:








Apparently 'blue and green should never be seen' but I think they look quite pretty when combined together, don't you? I used Butterfly Kisses (the first PTI set I ever bought) together with some die cut Circle Scribbles, courtesy of the lovely Anita. I covered a couple of them with Versamark and embossed them in pewter embossing powder.  It doesn't show up too well in the photo but they almost look like spun metal in real life.

Hope you get time to get inky for PTI today - thanks for stopping,

Claire x

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Claire, what a gorgeous butterfly ... the detail in the colouring is stunning ... and I love it over the pewter and white scribbles! Thanks for the shout out, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That butterfly is stunning! I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the 'spun metal' scribbles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful butterfly looks great with the metallics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!