Tuesday 24 June 2014

Feeling Blue (and red and pink) Colour Q #247

Hello there bloggers!

I've had a lovely little break from my blog over the last few days which is why I'm feeling a little blue (hence the post title).  I've just spent the last week in Singapore with the big bloke - our first holiday  without kids in almost 9 years.  I felt like a new woman on my return (unfortunately I didn't look like one) but talk about post-holiday blues.  Having said that, the shouts of delight we got from the kids on our return reminded us just how much we'd missed the little terrors!

I thought I'd left my mojo overseas but I did manage to pull this little card together for the new Colour Q palette, before Arielle posts it on the website:







Of course it always helps with new stamps doesn't it? This is a new set from Mama Elephant called Around We Go (the sentiment is from Close to My Heart) - it took a while to work out how to line up the wheel with the seats but I love how the ferris wheel turned out and the balloons are just the right size for the background. Could this be my new favourite stamp set?

Hope you get the chance to join in this week - I missed looking at everyone's creations last week!

Thanks for popping by,

Claire x



3 comments:

  1. Nothing like some time away to recharge the old batteries, I always say! I can relate. I've got the week off from work and even though I'm just puttering around at home I already feel like a new woman! I'm counting down the years, oh the long, long years, until I get to retire! And it's obvious you didn't leave you mojo in another country because this card is just darling. The ferris wheel and the sentiment together are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest thing...and the sentiment matches it perfectly!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Singapore ... how brilliant, Claire ... what a great place to recharge batteries! Your mojo made the flight back with you 'cause this is fabulous ... lovely layering and such a perfect sentiment with the ferris wheel! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!