Sunday 29 June 2014

Freshly Made Sketch #142

Hello bloggers!

Hope you are having a restful Sunday! As soon as I saw the sketch by Jen over at Freshly Made Sketches I knew I wanted to get a bit inky. But talk about a deceptively simple sketch - I thought it would be a real quickie once I'd stamped the background but I tried every embellishment possible - ribbon, butterflies, flowers - nothing seemed to work. In the end I used a Fancy That die cut dragonfly:






I stamped a W Plus 9 script stamp and then clear embossed a Bo Bunny bloom and sponged some distress inks over the top.  I absolutely love that script - it's just so pretty.  

I have a few distress inks in various colours but really don't use them enough so I'm also entering into Monday's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which is 'I ought to use this more!'




Thanks for popping by,

Claire x

5 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely stunning! I am in love with the dragonfly die cut, and it is especially gorgeous in black! The background panel that you created is amazing. Love every little detail! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created a beautiful card, Claire. Yes, you really should use those inks more. The colors came out fabulous! Thank you for sharing your card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Claire! That is a work of art! Your background with the text is gorgeous and I love the embossing behind that! The dragonfly is just perfect too! Great choice! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. It's always a pleasure to see your lovely creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love the distressed sponged background and the script is perfect....along with the WMS sentiment.....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is lovely!! I LOVE the embossed background and the text background with the script-fabulous. I really like the dark dragonfly against the light colors. Really draws the eye!! Wonderful design!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!