Tuesday 3 June 2014

WTF? It's Colour Q #244

Well hello again!

Hope you have had a great week! Not much card making for me unfortunately.  Nobody told me that once you hit your forties your body kind of doesn't do as it's told.  This time it's a dodgy back so sitting down and making cards hasn't really been an option.  At this rate I'll be asking my mother-in-law if I can borrow her zimmer frame...

Enough of the whinging - I did manage to get a card done for Colour Q. Love these colours....perfect for the men in your life:





Now this was one of those cards that just wouldn't work - no matter what I did with it. The stripes were stamped using Mama Elephant's Basic Borders but once I'd stamped them I had no idea what to do with them - hate it when that happens.  The colours were just too bright for a sentiment and any kind of stamped image over the top was completely overpowered by the background.  So, I slept on it and fresh eyes made me think of embossing the big,  cheeky CAS-ual Friday sentiment onto some vellum.  I also used one of their sentiments to frame the stripes. Am I happy with it? Not bad considering I was bent over like a 90 year old when I was trying to figure it out!

Make sure you pop on over to the rest of the DT to say hello and be inspired...it always amazes me how differently we use the colours!

Thanks for popping by,

Claire

1 comment:

  1. Your stamping is absolutely precise on this card! I don't think I could manage that! Sorry to hear about your back but I can empathize. Being over forty has introduced all kinds of fun stuff, the least of which is my dodgy back! My chiropractor has helped immensely!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!