Friday 6 June 2014

Microbead Mayhem

Hello folks,

Have you seen the latest Mojo Monday sketch?  Definitely a 'go to' sketch for future cards and perfect for what I had in mind for the Paper Smooches Sparks 'Anything Goes' challenge:






Deeply entrenched in my copious stash of unused items there is a little pot of Microbeads that I've had for about 5 years.  There's a reason why they rarely see daylight...they are the fiddliest of items to use, spill all over the place no matter how careful I am and I seem to be continually vacuuming them up for weeks after I've opened them. I thought this Paper Smooches Little Fella would look good covered in Microbeads so proceeded to spend half an hour doubled over trying to get an even coverage, whilst swearing politely under my breath.  Here's a close up:



I did a resist stamped background using the two little stars from the same set and some Glimmer Mist - another item that I seem to have collected over the years, only to remain unused.

For the first time in a while I'm happy with how one of my card's has come out - even happier that I've used a few more things from my ever growing collection of craft stuff!

Have a fabulous day!

Claire x




4 comments:

  1. Oh your fight with the micro beads was well worth it.... That little alien looks positively out of this world covered in silver beads..... Brilliant idea :)
    Thanks for sharing your card with us at the PS Sparks challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those beads too...I should dig them out no after seeing your card..so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! The microbeads look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!