Thursday 26 June 2014

Knock on Wood

Hello folks,

It's been far too long since I had a play over at CASology so I did a simple card last night using this week's cue word:







The big bloke is in the process of setting up his own wood furniture making business so there is a lot of wooden inspiration around our house at the moment. He's just finished making a beautiful picture frame which made me think of doing a framed sentiment using the chalkboard technique.  It takes a lot of effort for me to keep things simple in these challenges - the challenge for me is to stop adding further layers...I think I've been particularly restrained in this one!

Thanks for popping over - happy stamping!

Claire x




6 comments:

  1. Awesome! Your textures work so well together. I love the chunky feel of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - the wooden frame is perfect for the challenge and that stamp is perfect for the chalkboard technique! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, how brilliant to make a wooden frame for that pretty chalkboard sentiment! Perfect "restraint" on your part, for this is perfectly CAS! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the cue word, love that frame for the wonderful sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfect! Lovely layers and techniques but still cool and CAS. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!