Wednesday 17 July 2013

Funky Play Date

Hello folks,

Just sneaking in a late entry for the latest Play Date Cafe challenge:








This time I used some different feathers from the WMS Funky Feathers set...yes I am in love with it and yes I am going to bore everyone senseless by using it on heaps of cards for the next few weeks! Unfortunately I ran out of glossy card stock so I came up with the 'ingenius' idea of using glossy photo paper. Newsflash everyone: it doesn't work! I thought the ink would blend quite nicely but it kind of went on in clumps so I haven't quite got the gradual layering of colour I was looking for.  Not to worry,  it kind of worked....

As the saying goes...hope it tickles!

Cheers,

Claire x

5 comments:

  1. What a stunning card...your matting is amazing and that sentiment is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I have tried that with glossy photo paper and found the same thing...no go! Your card is just lovely, such pretty feathers! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for trying out something new even if what you learn is it doesn't do as you wish. That's the whole fun of it :) Your card is stunningly stylish, love it. And I MUST HAVE those feather stamps. Going to hunt them down. That's the trouble with blog hopping, I am prone to see stuff I just need. Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. Good to see i'm not the only one who scrapes through the deadline lol. Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice layers and beautiful background! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those feathers - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-229.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!