Tuesday 30 July 2013

WMS Pajama Party




Morning bloggers!

There's a new challenge going on over at Waltzingmouse this month - a WMS pajama party. The party starts at midnight (UK time) and everyone is invited to join in, complete with PJ attire.  Now I'd like to say that I'm sat here in my sexiest, silk negligee (make that flannelette pajamas) ready to take part. But alas, since I'm Down Under I'm in my daggy 'Mum' clothes and I've just taken the big kid to school!

There are three different challenges which give everyone the opportunity to use any new stamps they may have purchased during the recent new release. It just so happens that I did have a little bit of a splurge a couple of weeks ago so I've entered 2 of the challenges - the first is 'Tickle me Silly' where the theme is feathers:





I had an absolutely manic weekend so I have to say I was flagging a bit when I did this one. 2 kids parties in one day, followed by a 50th that evening so let's just say the mojo had disappeared somewhat. I bought the Funky Feathers set (after procrastinating terribly over whether to buy Fine or Funky!) and gold embossed two of the larger feathers, tying them together with some ribbon.  I put some gold metal shim underneath the Fancy Square die cut to give it a hint of shine.

The next challenge is for In the Background.  I also bought the gorgeous Crackle Backgrounder stamp which is absolutely huge.  We were lucky enough to go to Canada earlier this year so I used it as the background to some photos I took whilst visiting Whistler:




Talk about using a lot of white embossing powder! I used the crackle background on some vellum first and used this as the base for my photos. I then used it on some contrasting blue bazzil. I had absolutely no Winter/snow themed embellishments so I used the snowflake stamp from Seasons of Love and added a few spots of bling. I also used the vintage heart from the same set and the 'Wonderful' sentiment is from Camellia.

Phew, I'm all waltzed out so I'm going to grab my morning coffee and have a nose at all the other projects on offer.

Thanks for stopping by!

Claire x

13 comments:

  1. Good grief Claire, if this is what you can make with no mojo.....wow. I love the gold touches on the feather card, and I adore the use of the crackles for a snowy layout - that was inspired and something I would not have thought of!!! Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful golden feathers and beautiful framings on your card - and what a great winter holiday layout using the crackled background! just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simply gorgeous card...
    I love those gold feathers...
    so elegant with the gold trim and papers you used!
    And what a fabulous scrap page...
    I spy quite a bit of WMS goodies...
    love that crackle on the vellum! :)
    So happy you could come to our 1st Pajama Party...
    and hope you're coming back for Bedtime Story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - they are both fantastic. I love the elegance of the gold feathers, but it's your scrapbook layout that really grabs my attention. The crackle background is perfect for the snowy theme and I love the use of the snowflakes and pretty heart too! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the laugh! That would have been too funny if we had to post a picture of ourselves…. I would never play.
    Love your very elegant card and layout ( beautiful family) The crackle background is gorgeous , that will have to go on my wish list. Who knew Funky Feathers could look so elegant. I voted Funky Feathers and ended up buying Fine Feathers Beautiful work here Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all you made! The "golden" card is just WOW!
    Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite card and how perfect is that crackle background for your layout. My WMS Wish List grows ever longer !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these projects are fabulous! I love the feathers on your first card (I ordered the Fancy Feathers, but am sorry I didn't get these right away, too....) and I love your layout-- it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant card wit a hint of gold :) Beautiful creation Claire !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you are too amazing! One party would have done it for me. These are just gorgeous. But I'm flagging the feather one cuz those feathers in gold? Want a necklace of them! Great scrapbook page too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love the feathers card, so classy! Your scrapbook layout is perfect too, that crackle stamp is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOH I love your card - it looks so elegant with the gold frame and the detailed feathers! The crackle looks fab on your snow scene too - just like ice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the gold with the feathers...and the crackled background on your LO....fabulous!! I need more time to play!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!