Friday 22 May 2020

Channelling Lime Doodle

Hello inkers!

I love the simplicity of Jen B's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week. It gave me the perfect opportunity to completely CASE/rip off one of Debby Hughes' stunning cards at Lime Doodle:






 


When I first saw her card I immediately bought Evergreen Bough distress ink as I love the colours she used (Antique Linen, Evergreen Bough and Black Soot.) I kept mine very simple and I wish I'd been a bit more heavy handed with the Antique Linen but I'm happy with how it's turned out. I love all the jewels and drops she's used on her card but since I have none of them in my stash they'll have to go on my never ending inky Wishlist.

This one's also going over to Time Out where the challenge is to use the theme 'free.' This little scene reminds me of the saying 'free as a bird' - very pertinent since we've all been isolating for so long!

Happy stamping!

Claire



10 comments:

  1. This is lovely Claire - and likely I too will shamelessly copy/steal....!!!
    I always struggle when blending Antique Linen as I think it is a bit of a wishy washy colour but to be fair it looks wonderful with the Evergreen Bough - a combo I would not have thought of trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is such a lovely serene scene and I think the blending of the colours worked really well-we are all so critical of ourselves! And the bird flying off does look so 'free'. Another wonderful card and don't we all wish we could fly away right now! Thanks for joining Time Out x (I made a card for the same sketch-wow they are so different...all in the eye of the artist!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the ink blending you used on your card. STUNNING design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Claire, this is gorgeous! I love that scene you've created! It's just beautiful! The sentiment stands out so nicely as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serene and gorgeous, Claire ... your soft blending is just gorgeous ... such a dreamy scene! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful blended background with the silhouette stamps. The end result is just gorgeous. Great choice of colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooooooo gorgeous, Claire. It is as peaceful as can be - freeing the mind and soul. I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous! I LOVE the background you've created with the silhouette stamping. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous, Claire. Beautiful scene. Love the free bird. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that gorgeous inked background.

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!