Friday 1 May 2020

The Magic of Christmas

Hello again,

Hope you are all keeping safe and well. Australia is relaxing a few of the lockdown rules this weekend so at last I can catch up with a couple of friends over a wine or two.  I am beyond excited to have some social interaction with some like minded adults!

This CAS card is for a few challenges - Addicted to CAS (again) where the code word is 'silhouette', CASology which has the cue card 'magical' and AAA Cards which has a challenge to use one image only:










I blended a nightfall background with distress inks and added some paint spattered snow. The stamp is from a Cherrypie Art Stamps set called Winter Spirit and hasn't really seen much ink - they're unmounted rubber stamps and I can never get the scene to sit in the correct spot on the snowy hill. This week I invested in a Tim Holtz Stamp Platform (yes, I realise I'm slow on the uptake) and I've at last been able to make use of it. The sentiment is the only sentiment in my collection which has the word 'magical' in it - it's from CAS-ual Fridays' Snowy Sayings.

Hope you take some time out to put ink to paper this weekend! Thanks for popping by,

Claire

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sky! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay and craft instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scene really is magical. Love the night sky and those splatters sure make it look dreamy..and so glad you go the stamping platform! Thanks for joining CASology x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about getting started on my Holiday cards and now you totally inspired me to do so. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ink blending on your sky and I love how you created a winter/holiday scene with your silhouette images! A really beautiful CAS card, Clare! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous blending of your night sky, Claire ... and such a lovely, magical scene ... you nestled the image beautifully with your new platform! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Claire. That sky is breathtaking. Love your wintery silhouette. Thanks so much for playing with us at Addicted To CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ink blending is spot on for this night sky! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! That sky is amazing - awesome job blending! Thank you for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!