Saturday 9 May 2020

Cutting it Up for Freshly Made Sketches

Hello, hope you are enjoying your weekend and that you're gradually getting back into a vaguely normal life!

Linda has created a deceptively simple Freshly Made Sketch this week - I say deceptive as my original idea just didn't work and I ended up making something totally different to what I 'd planned:






I used a daisy die cut from MFT, together with die cut grout grey sprigs and vellum leaves. The rectangular panels have been blended with distress inks and gold embossed with a WMS stamp from Heirloom Patterns. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and fits with the challenge at Cut it Up - make a project to celebrate friends.  I've also used the gorgeous colours over at Colour Throwdown - definitely a palette I'll use again!

Thanks for popping by,

Happy stamping!

Claire



7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Claire. The panels look fab in those rich colours with the gold. Great card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with the lovely ink=blended and gold embossed panels for the lovely white daisy. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the white flower against the beautifully embossed panels! Lovely card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! I LOVE the rectangle panels you created on this!! They are STUNNING and look beautiful with the flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire! This card is AWESOME! You have incorporated all of the challenges seamlessly and I really like the take on the FMS! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Cut It up! Challenge - good luck!
    Rachelle - DT@CIU : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that's such a gorgeous colour palette, Claire ... love how you've used it in such a clean, fresh design ... it's rich and luxurious ... and your collage-y layering is beautiful! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did those background panels. The colors and gold embossing are terrific. And I love your daisy with the vellum leaves and dainty sprigs - I think that's the daisy die I've been searching for to no avail! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!