Wednesday 6 May 2020

Playing with Altenew

Hello again,

I've been trying a different technique with Hennah Elements for Altenew's May colour challenge:








I've always loved Heather Telford's cards and particularly the soft, watercoloured card she made in this tutorial. I don't have many solid image stamps so thought I'd try a similar thing with these outline stamps. Instead of colouring in the whole image I inked the stamp with distress inks, spritzed with water and stamped it on watercolour paper.  I then used a water brush to soften the outline of the image. For the stencilled background I used gesso with Altenew's Grid Stencil.

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure if I like it - I'm just not a spatter kind of crafter and wish I'd just left the blooms and the stencil as is. It looks too messy for my clean and simple sensibilities! I've also made a patterned panel using the same technique so I may make another card which is more to my liking!

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire







5 comments:

  1. So pretty, Claire ... the variegated colour on the outlines adds depth to those blooms ... and the texture is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! Great take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Claire! Fabulous make for the Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combination of colours on your flowers is just so pretty. Love the background & splatters

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your card! It's awesome you were "forced" to step out of your comfort zone - it gives you versatility, which can be used in all areas of life. And you did such a great job! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!